Synthetic Turf Roof Decks
Give rooftops a lush green look with synthetic turf. Easily installed over pedestal supported fiberglass gratings, perfectly level, rapid draining, low maintenance.
Archatrak fiberglass grating panels offer the most cost effective and technically advanced support system for all types of synthetic turf – stable, perfectly level, fire resistant, free draining, easy to install.
The top surface of these large, but relatively lightweight 4’ x 8’ ‘MicroMesh’ grating panels have apertures of just ¼”, which ensures rapid drainage of water and totally eliminates any pooling, both of which are critical factors in any synthetic turf installation. The fiberglass panels also provide a firm base for the flexible grass surface and the slight ‘give’ characteristic of fiberglass gratings offers a more comfortable and natural feeling underfoot compared with installations over a totally hard surface like concrete.
The large 4’ x 8’ panels can also be securely locked together with stainless steel clips, essentially offering a totally connected surface that is highly resistant to wind uplift, especially if the panels are also secured around the perimeter to a solid parapet.
And weighing only 3.5-4.0 lb. per sq.ft., fiberglass gratings are much lighter than concrete or porcelain pavers. Even when synthetic turf is filled with sand to stabilize the surface, the total weight of the grating plus turf will be less than 7 lb. per sq.ft.
Benefits of fiberglass grating turf support:
- creates a perfectly level turf surface
- grids lock together securely for high wind locations
- 1/4″ apertures on grids allow rapid drainage of water
- much lighter than concrete or stone pavers
- covers pipes, electrical wiring and surface irregularities
- eliminates the need for a drainage cell system under the turf
- easily combines with porcelain pavers or other paving materials